Gingered Prawn and Mushroom Laksa
Heat the oil in a large frying pan or wok.
When hot add the pepper, crimini mushrooms and ginger, stir fry for 2mins or until pale golden. Add the spring onions, laksa paste, ﬁsh sauce, lime juice, prawns and stir well for 30seconds.
Add the mushrooms, noodles, coriander and stock. Bring to the boil and simmer for 2mins.
Serve straight away in bowls.
- 30ml/2tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 red pepper, deseeded and sliced
- 2.5cm/1in piece root ginger, peeled and grated
- 6 spring onions, trimmed and sliced
- 15ml/1tbsp Laksa or Thai red curry paste
- 15ml/1tbsp ﬁsh sauce
- Juice 1 lime
- 150g/5oz cooked tiger prawns
- 75g/3oz brown mushrooms, torn into pieces
- 50g/2oz closed cup mushrooms
- 1 (150g) pack ready to wok thread noodles
- Handful fresh coriander leaves
- 450ml/¾pt chicken stock
- 100g/4oz portobello mushrooms, sliced