Thai Style Broth
Bring the stock to the boil with 300ml water.
Add the chicken, lemon grass and ginger then simmer for 10mins. Use a large slotted spoon to remove any residue which might be ﬂoating on the surface of the broth.
Add the all remaining ingredients, bring back to the boil and simmer for 5-6mins.
Serve in bowls topped with fresh coriander and garnish with lime wedges.
- 2 x 300ml cartons chilled chicken stock
- 2 chicken breast ﬁllets, thinly sliced
- 1 root of lemon grass, thinly sliced
- 5cm piece root ginger, peeled and sliced
- 120g shiitake mushrooms, halved
- 100g button mushrooms, sliced
- 4 spring onions, trimmed and shredded
- 1 large red chilli, deseeded and sliced
- 25g pack fresh coriander, very roughly chopped
- 2 tbsp thai red curry paste
- 1 tbsp nam pla (ﬁsh sauce)
- Juice 1 lime
- Wedges of lime to serve