Chicken and mushrooms Casserole
Heat three tablespoons of the olive oil in a frying pan over a medium heat.
Sprinkle some flour onto a plate. Cover the chicken thighs in the flour, shake off any excess, and gently place into the hot oil.
Fry the chicken thighs for 5-6 minutes on each side, or until golden-brown.
Set aside on a plate lined with kitchen paper once cooked.
Heat the remaining tablespoons of olive oil in a frying pan and fry the onion, olives, carrot and mushrooms for five minutes, or until softened.
Add the wine and the stock, bring to a simmer and cook for around 10 minutes.
Return the chicken to the pan and season with salt, black pepper and nutmeg. Continue to simmer for another 4-5 minutes, or until the chicken is cooked through.
- 5 tbsp olive oil
- 400g /14oz chicken thighs, skinned and boned
- 150g /5½oz small onions, peeled
- 2 carrots, very finely chopped
- 300g/10½oz button mushrooms, halved
- 200ml/7fl oz dry white wine
- 500ml/18fl oz chicken stock
- 100g Olives